Thursday, May 1, 2008

BBT3 - Game #37 Mookie & WSOP news

The Mookie last night had a nice turn out, 100+ runners, in fact, I saw many new names I have not seen before. Big congrats go to the super hot Lucko, who took down his 3rd BBT3 tournament, amongst many other big tournament wins he's had lately. Heads up was between Columbo and Lucko, so no chop was going to occur last night.

I think enough has been written about the chops already, and clearly I support the group who are against them. I don't chop, regardless of the circumstances, unless I'm given a really sweet deal. For example, I heard (or maybe read) about a case where when they were down to 3, the 2nd and 3rd place guys went up to the chip leader and offered him 1st, while they chop 2nd and 3rd. Ok, I can live with that, but it's gotta be that good is my point.

Having said that, I don't begrudge anyone who has made a deal, more power to them for having pull it off. If you have the jennesequa (sp?) to negotiate a fantastic deal for yourself, then more power to you. I'd only ask that anyone who holds a seat already, think about the true value of the seat, not to mention that one less player, improves everyone's odds in the TOC.

Finally, in case you have missed the big announcement, Harrah's and the WSOP announce today that the main event final table will be played on Nov 9th. That will be 3 months after the final 9 players are decided, on July 16th. On the surface, it seems like a good thing. However, more than likely all it's going to do is open up a whole can of worms.

You can read all the details here.

Tonight the BBT3 game will be the Riverchasers.

Riverchasers Online Tour
Full Tilt, Thursday 21:00ET
Buyin - $10+1
Password: riverchasers

See you all there!

2BA

3 comments:

KajaPoker said...

lol, you just called lucko super hot - so ghey!

Shrike said...

You meant: je ne sais quoi

Ah, the benefits of bilingualism and the Canadian public school system.

C'est formidable!

TuscaloosaJohnny said...

Maybe you read about the best chop ever on my blog. Two guys gave me first in Tunica in January and split second...couldn't believe my ears