Friday, May 16, 2008

BBT3 - Games #45 & 46 Mookie & Riverchasers and more FTOPS

BBT3 is winding down, with only 2 weeks left and 9 more tournaments to get your TOC seat. The latest champ of last nights Riverchasers is Julkeus.

In the Mookie, JD Schellnut took down his 2nd BBT3 tourney, and thus increasing everyone's equity in the TOC. Congrats to both of them on the win.

I played another (actually the last) Super Sat Turbo to the Razz FTOPS last night, and through sheer and masterful donkey-like play, I was able to win it. I did however chicken out, and unregistered, I know my limitations in Razz, and my overall impatience with Limit games. The Super Turbo was awesome though, and if they played the entire FTOPS in a turbo format, then perhaps it would be more interesting to me. Gambler at heart as I've said before. :-)

I also played a regular satellite to the FTOPS #20 6 max tonight, and won my seat. I have unregistered, only because I may have some work related conflict, which may prevent me from playing....else I will be there.

Finally this weekend is the big $2500 2 day FTOPS event which starts tomorrow, and on Sunday the FTOPS main event with a $535 buyin. I saw where Lucky Lucko was thinking about playing in tomorrow's event, and if so, good luck to him, that would be a huge score to take that tourney down. On Sunday, assuming I am done helping my folks move, I plan to play the main event, and I hope to see some of you out there as well. Plenty of satty's running all the time, and as Hoy has mentioned many times, picking the ones where 6+ seats are offered are the better ones to go after. Personally, I've had great success with the $20 rebuys. I usually don't invest more than the initial buyin, 1 rebuy and the addon, and only if I need to. The beauty of these things is that it's a Turbo! if you are observant, you can easily pick up blinds once they start escalating to stay ahead of the crowd. Always know your position, and how many seats are being paid, and don't get involve once you've accumulated enough chips, and can coast to the seat. If they are giving for example 10 seats, and your 2nd in chips, why go up against another top 5 stack which can hurt you, when your on the bubble, or a few seats from the bubble? You have so many short stacks at that point that have to push their crap cards, that there is no reason to take a chance. So give them a shot, sometimes they even run $8 and $10 satty's which are just as good, but may not get as many seats. Usually only 1-3.

Good luck to all this weekend on the virtual felt!

2BA

No comments: