Friday, March 14, 2008

BBT3 - Game #9 Riverchasers & cash game hand



Thanks to TuscaloosaJohn, I wasn't the Gigli last night! I only played 2 hands in about 10 min, an both had bad results. The first had me bluffing poorly on the river, on a 4 flush board, where my opponent held the 3rd nut flush, and the second had me pushing all in of my remaining 1500 chips or so from the BB with a suited AK, after my opponent had made a raise from the CO, which he snapped called and flipped JJ.

Oh well, all in all I'm still in good shape going into the last two weeks of the 1st month of the BBT3.

I've been playing some cash games lately, as I've been working off the $300 clams Fulltilt generously gave out as a token for their system issues last month. As I've stated, I am primarily a tournament player. The main reason is that I've always been leary of collusion, and I've felt that in cash games this is easily exploitable. However, when I do play I linger down in small stakes, having only ventured above $1/$2 a few times. Last night I had a nice little session, 3 tabling after my bustouts from the tournament.

It would have been an even better session, had it not been for this hand:

Full Tilt Poker Game #5625644596: Table Cork Oak - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:22:07 ET - 2008/03/13
Seat 1: bmcglinn ($194)
Seat 2: TwistedDonkey ($303.55)
Seat 3: 32jr151 ($56.05)
Seat 4: Sudbury Slim ($95)
Seat 5: twoblackaces ($167.55)
Seat 6: rst1 ($203)
Seat 7: BareAce11 ($242.65)
Seat 8: machine456 ($59.10)
Seat 9: Little19 ($96.55)
twoblackaces posts the small blind of $1
rst1 posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #4

Holecards:
Dealt to twoblackaces [ ]
BareAce11 folds
machine456 folds
Little19 folds
bmcglinn raises to $7
TwistedDonkey folds
32jr151 has 15 seconds left to act
32jr151 folds
Sudbury Slim folds
twoblackaces calls $6 ----------> I'm in th SB, so I decide to flat call, possibly the mistake of the hand?
rst1 folds

Flop :
[ -------> Nice, flop a set ]
twoblackaces checks
bmcglinn bets $10
twoblackaces raises to $20 ---------> My intent with min raise was to see if I could coax a shove.
bmcglinn calls $10

Turn:
[ ] [ ]
twoblackaces bets $26 ----------------> I lead here, I'm thinking the K hits his range nicely. (LoL!)
32jr151 has been disconnected
bmcglinn has 15 seconds left to act
bmcglinn raises to $75 ----------------> Excellent, I am correct!
twoblackaces raises to $140.55 and is all in
bmcglinn calls $65.55
twoblackaces shows [ ]
bmcglinn shows [ -----------------YIKES!!!!! It hit him alright!!!! ]

River :
[ ] [ ]
twoblackaces shows three of a kind Queens
bmcglinn shows three of a kind Kings
bmcglinn wins the pot ($334 .10) with three of a kind Kings



I think if I had reraised preflop, and he re-raises or moves in, I can get away from the hand. That was probably my mistake here. Also, unless you have a lot of experience multi tabling cash games, it's easy to not think situations properly through. However, it's a never ending learning experience, so I agree with most that reviewing the hands after the fact, is very helpful, both for tournament and cash games.

Good luck to all those playing this weekend, and let's hope for more good results!

2BA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fred,
Blogio would like to get in contact with you through email. We have a poker related communication for you to view, but need to give you an invite code so you can see it.
Please contact us at Cdarcy@blogio.com for your personal invite number to log in to the site.
Thanks!