Tuesday, March 18, 2008

BBT3 - Game #10 and weekend wrapup

Last night the BBT3 resumed with game #10 at Monday's at the Hoy. There were 79 runner's to start, in the usual 6 handed NL Holdem format. I played pretty steady poker last night, and managed to crack the top 20, finishing in the 17th spot. I would have gone deeper, but Chippy McStacks had other idea's.



Skillz game tonight
, and game #11 of the series, where Limit HOSE will be the games.

The weekend started off with me deciding to blow some steam off in the Friday night Blonkament. Exactly 44 rebuys for me, and the add-on of course. I don't believe that breaks the record, but I sure tried. And #45 cooperated fully, as I lost most of hands, which is key when your trying to break this record. Unfortunately, I did win a few hands, and hence couldn't get the number up higher.

I don't recall the final numbers, but there were only 13 player's, and to give you an idea of my contribution's, I think 1st go around $92 smakaroo's. I didn't hang around till the end but last night Buddy told me he finished 2nd, and of course to express his gratitude for my contributions. I also lost a last longer to him, since we both rebought and did the add on after the final hand of the rebuy madness. He actually got it all in against AQ, with him holding QQ, and miraculously it held, and doubled up. So that pretty much put me behind the eight ball, and busted when I couldn't run Big Slick past my opponent's 99's. It was still a good time, I may play a few more of these, and see if I can finally break that record.

The remainder of the weekend was pretty much playing satellite's. I wound up wining a couple of seats into the Sunday Million and the Sunday Brawl. However, I had some family commitment's on Sunday, so I was very happy to take the T$'s. I'm pretty jazzed about this feature obviously, and hope to continue to take full advantage of it.

Finally, I'll leave you with a few nugget's from some tournaments I played last night. Also, I found this little replayer that someone noted as a comment on my blog.







In the latter hand, he makes a nice check on the river. When he reraises me, I figure to be toast on the river against most players. Given the size of the pot, and the fact it was a small buyin tournament (read 'excuses'), I made the very crying call. Nice setup, nice hand.

See you all tonight!

2BA

2 comments:

Schaubs said...

Thanks for donating to the Donkament. I managed to win the big prize... but the prize was only that big because of you!

Nice work in the BB3 so far too, point whore!

Fred aka TwoBlackAces said...

Hey, I'm always happy to 'give back' to the community! Nice Job and thanks!