Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend wrapup

Friday night I made a deep run in the 50/50.




As usually is the case, I couldn't win a key hand, which would have propelled me into the top 10.




This guy had limped, and we got the money in on the flop. Too bad FT doesn't let you fold when it's unraised and your in the BB.......not that I would of course! ;-)

Saturday I noticed that FTP had given me a $300 bonus to clear....don't know why, but I'll take it:



So it was off to the cash tables to start putting a dent into this bad boy. All in all, it was a very good session. I was 4 tabling, and ended up about 6 buyin's. I did have an interesting hand early, with a guy who was on all my tables as well.



It was early on in the match, and he had open raised in late position a the first two orbits, and I decided to flat call his preflop raise in position. The flop was ten high, and he fired out about a 2/3 c-bet. Now under normal circumstances, I probably fold. But my read was that this guy opening light in late position, and although I had not seen any showdown's as of yet, I gambled with what I thought were 10 clean outs and pushed on the guy. He of course instacalls me, and I see the bad news. Now bear in mind, this is a .50/$1 table, so we both had about $100. At any rate, I sucked out, and then had some playful banter, which I later on regreted, and even apologized to the guy. I rarely chat back at people, esp on the few occasions where I put the bad beat. However, he caught me at a momment where I was in a 'play full' mood, and was being more sarcastic than anything, but he didn't take it too well.

Sunday afternoon saw me playing some satty's into the 750k, which I was able to do for a $50 dollar savings on the full buyin. Oh well, every little bit helps, although I have in the past over done it a bit with the satty's. As for the tourney itself, it could be summed up in two words. Rag city!. I busted somewhere in the 3rd hour, having to survive the hard way. It's incredible that in the course of 3+ hours of play, not to get dealt any premium hands. Not one! My best hands, were early in the tournament, and those were mid pairs, with TT being the best of it. It's pretty frustrating when you see what everyone else is getting, and not seeing #45 spread the wealth.

At the same time the 750k started, a 13k started as well. In this one I had nice deep run busting out with about 50 left when my Anna Kournikova couldn't beat an aging Jimmy Connor's (AK vs 77).

Finally, the opening game in the BBT3 fired up last night in The Big Game, hosted by MiamiDon.
A whopping 105 runners showed up, making a nice payday for the top 3. I flamed out in about 50th spot, however I took some outstanding notes on the one and only Scott Fischman, where on his site, he poses the question 'Are you a shark, or a fish?'

Basically to sum it all up, the secret to winning is play 'any two cards'. I assure you that this is the secret! I was at Scott's table for the better part of an hour, and so him do just that. Now of course he had a nice stack, but to say he was wreck less would be an understatement! I know that early on he was all in with A2 against his opponent's AK, and spiked a duck on the river. I remember he put's in the chat the old 'gg - gl - nh', all before the suckout hits. At any rate, I'm sure the theme across all the blogs today will be full of the sick beats this guy put on people, and I'm sure there were plenty at the Final Table, since I didn't stay up. At least I see Hoy placed 3rd, so I'm sure he'll have something to say about Mr Fischman's lucksackery. At any rate, congrats to him on winning, and earning the 1st of 55 TOC seats.

2BA

No comments: