Thursday, March 6, 2008

BBT3 - Game 4 The Mookie

Well I really didn't think it would happen this quick, but I won the Mookie this morning!



117 runner's started, a little less than I thought given the big early turnout's, and the fact this was a smaller buy in. I don't even really know what to say, I think for the most part, I played a fairly solid game tonight, and I suppose the biggest thing was that I didn't get unlucky at any point where it would have crippled me, nor was I ever all-in until we got to the final table.

So here's are the key hands of the tournament:

I didn't really have much going on, and had chipped up to about 3200, when this hand came up against Hoy, in a Blind vs Blind scenario.

That got me up to 5800, and nothing happened for a while. I did get some chips when I called a short stack from the BB, which got me up to 6700.

I then had 2 or 3 hands were I restole some late position raisers from the button, and that got me up to 8200. Then I had this hand against CK, which bumped me up to over 10k. CK was playing although recovering from eye surgery that day. She had indicated in the chat, we should all beware, as she might push 44's thinking they were aces. Given that, I felt compelled to call with Presto. Get well CK!

Next significant hand was against Chad, were I basically called his short stack push with AJ.

Next big hand was against George. I called his small preflop raise out of the BB, and then got lucky and flopped trips. This hand put me over 20k.

I made a reraise on the flop here against ChapelnChil, and he folded, which bumped me up to 25k.

Here Chitwood got a bit unlucky on this cooler hand, which bumped to 30k.


This hand against RaisingCayne got me up to 35k.


I made it to the final table with 29k, and was in 3rd position.

First huge hand was against Al 'the man' himself.

Sorry Al, I felt a bit wierd, since I know everyone was pulling for ya.

3 handed I busted Mean_Gean on this hand

Heads up against Zutted, we played this hand, where I took a tough beat.


With a 2 to 1 chip lead, I took some time on the flop and decided I was ahead and made the call. I'm going to have to think about my play on this hand, not sure it was the right decision.

I chipped back up to almost even, then played this big hand, which gave me the monster lead.


And the final hand.


So there you have it, my first Mookie win to go along with my MATH win earlier this year.

Also of significant importance, is that I dealt with 'the curse' early on in the tournament. How?

See for yourself! ;-)

Also, congratulatons Mookie, to you and the Mrs. and the entire clan on the latest arrival!


Thanks for everyone who hung around till the end, I appreciated all the kind words.

2BA

12 comments:

corron10 said...

Welcome to the TOC!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the big win and TOC seat!

I of course had AA that hand when you had QQ.

cmitch said...

Congrats on locking that TOC seat up so early!!!

Loretta8 said...

congrats on the win!

great job coming back from that beat you took with 77 with 95o heads up. that was a sick one, but it seemed like it didnt affect you at all. well done.

actyper said...

congrats on getting it done early.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the win Fred.

BamBam said...

Great game TBA !

lucko said...

Atta boy!

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Excellent job TBA, you played great and really earned it especially with your strong untilting play in heads-up action. I always figured you for winning a ToC seat but getting it out of the way early has got to be a great feeling.

Fred aka TwoBlackAces said...

Thanks all, I truly appreciate it!

RaisingCayne said...

Congratulations!!! Great game!

I was completely embarrassed about my exit against you. Albeit I was very pretty tiny stacked, but deciding to CALL my stack off against you with my Ace EFFING Two!? WTF!?? After two plus hours of decent play... I CALL my stack off with AceTwo!? I don't know what I was thinking. (Good thing I'm OBVIOUSLY totally over it the following afternoon.)

I was honestly thankful to not see an ace hit the board just to save me the embarrassment of sucking out against your KK. (Okay, that's probably not totally true.)

Anyway, GREAT GAME! Well played, congrats on the TOC seat, (and being atop the leaderboard!) Continued good luck going forward...

BigPirate said...

Nice job!