Thursday, April 10, 2008

BBT3 - Game #25 Mookie & PushFest Snafu

So we had a real nice thunderstorm last night in the North Dallas area, and my notes on last nights's play got zapped when I found my notebook restarted this morning. Wonderful, eh? What was even more unsettling was that the hospital where Mrs 2BA is going to deliver our daughter, lost power! Wanna see some chaos, go to a hospital with power issues. Good thing baby girl didn't decide to come last night.

Ok back to poker.....played the Mookie last night, and actually was doing ok. I think I got bounced around the middle of the pack when IIRC we were in a 3/4 way limp pot, and George decides to move in from the BB. Limpers in front of me fold, and I had TT, and decided he was making this play in that hand with a smaller pp, so I called. He flips 99 and hits a set on the flop, and I am crippled, and go out shortly thereafter. That's poker, and in the 'long' run of the game, he was due to pay me back, as I do recall coming from behind once or twice during the BBT series against him as well.

Congrats to the so called 'worst player' on the victory last night, Waffles takes (and dishes) a lot of crap from/to many folks, all hopefully in good jest, but all in all, I think he's a pretty good guy, and very decent player.

I also hopped into the blogger cash game last night, but other than losing 30 or 40 bucks, not much happened. I have a ways to go to play at the same level as these guys, but I'm always up for the challenge, and will continue to play as long as we don't go up higher in stakes.

I also hopped on board the PushFest train again, and this time we played $3 90 player tournament. I think this is much better than the 50 pts tourney format we were running. We played two, and in the 2nd one, I got hit by the deck about as hard as you can. I mean I was sucking out left and right, and amassed some ridiculous lead, which on normal days would have been enough for the win. However, Bayne also did very well, and when I was at my high point of 55k or so, he had 35k or so, and next person was below 10k. It was at this point where I somehow got folded at my table. I got dealt the cards, but when the action came around to me, instead of allowing me to play my action, the software folded my hand. Now I have had this happen to me before. At least on my machine, the FT client is a hog. Even though I have 2 gigs of ram, sometimes the client freezes up on me for a second, and if it happens right at the time it's my action, the dang software folds me. It's pretty frustrating, as this has happen with me holding KK's, AA's only to see the hand get folded. I can dig up the hh, but I am certain that the person in 2nd place at my table didn't have more than 5 or 6k at the time, and so losing a hand would not have had a material impact on my stack, given I still would have had a large lead. At any rate, Bayne popped in an offered me a chop, and in all fairness with the snafu just occuring, I accepted. Although I suppose by the letter of our rules, I should be DQ'd. If the general consensus is that I should, I'll be happy to live with that, at this point, I believe Bayne did send me the chop bucks. So do chime in if you disagree, but at this point I'm incline to send Bayne the $$'s.

It was certainly alot of fun though, and the chat comments by the other player's are absoultely hilarious. It's a storm that hit's them real good, and there is no cover! KaBoooooom!!!!

2BA

5 comments:

lucko said...

Ur clearly a cheater and can't be trusted ever again! I want my money back!









J/K obv, post some of the table chat, I love that shit.

SirFWALGMan said...

lol. cheater. haha.

Thanks for the comments! I enjoyed th e game last night. Loretta was doing a lot of sucking out. Great player getting really lucky. With two tables left he snaps off Jacks with sixes or something. Scary. Finally he got stopped somehow. lol.

See ya tonight!

bayne_s said...

As I said in my post today, I had some sort of misclick about the same time where instead of jamming I bet (bayne_s raises to 4,680) and one of callers had 840 behind.

SInce I don't think either mistake was intentional or even match prolonging thought fairest thing was offer chop

kurokitty said...

That's how Clonie Gowen got her full name, Cyclaona, after being born during a tornado while in an Oklahoma hospital...

lj said...

you probably know well enough if it's your pute freezing, but i know sometimes i've had problems with my hands being folded b/c i inadvertently clicked the "check/fold" button without even realizing it. i've folded some sick hands that way. :-(