Monday, April 28, 2008

Catching up

Haven't had too much time to post lately, adjusting to parenthood as most of you know, has it's challenges. I have been sneaking in some cash game, sng's, and a few tourney's, in between the naps, feedings, etc.

I had been jounaling all the BBT3 games that I played in, the day after. My memory isn't all that good, so for games #29 - #34, I don't have much to say. I played a few of them, and other than getting some points in the Mook, not much going on. I sort of knew going in that I wasn't going to be doing much, with all that was going on, but it served as a good 'other' thing to do, which is also important, in the sense we all need some kind of break of the real things going on in life. Congrats to all who have cashed in and won TOC seats for those games.

Last night was #35, Miami Don's Big game. I had carved out some time to actually try and focus, and play well. However, had another ho-hum effort, and busted middle of the pack or so. I believe Wormsu won, and if so it's his 2nd. Nice going! By the way, I'm sure most of you know this, but the absolute easiest way to get the $75 token for events such as this, is to play the $26 2 table SNG, where the top 5 get tokens. You can be brain dead and make the top 5, the game is that easy. I don't know why I don't play them more often, I only seem to do it for the Big Game, but if you dedicate yourself to that game, I think anyone with half a game can definitely be on the +EV side of the scale in that game.

Leading the BBT3 April race, is none other than everyone's favorite poker player, Mr Waffles himself. After last nights 3rd place showing, he should be able to cruise to April's WSOP 2K seat prize, unlike your's truly how crashed in burned after leading the March race for most of the month. Nice work Waffles, you da man!

Now for some poker musings from the weekend.

This first one is from a $55 SNG. It doesn't happen often, but isn't it a great feeling when you have a bet and a raise in front of you, and your holding the mortal nuts? ! :-)



That's equivalent to hitting that perfect golf shot, right on the sweet spot, stiff as can be, and dancing the mambo! Keeps ya coming back for more, eh?

Now from yesterday's $750K, a little blogger humor, although I don't think I recognize this guy as one of our players or partime players:



He LOL to my comment, so either he knew what it meant or was just messing with me, either way, it gave me a good chuckle.

Now from the 'what the hec was this guy thinking' file, here's a guy who CALLED on the river with ....well see for yourself:




And fnally from a cash game, the 'cooler' of the weekend:



Tonight is Monday at the Hoy, as the BBT3 rolls on. Password as always is 'hammer', and it's good ole 6 max NL Texas holdem.

2BA

3 comments:

lightning36 said...

Nasty, nasty way to lose on the river...

SirFWALGMan said...

thanks man.. Appreciate the love.. Hopefully I can put it totally out of reach tonight.

RaisingCayne said...

What's wrong with the head's up call with ten-high on a 4suit board? What? C'mon now, a naked 9-high hand was completely w/in your range there!

I like your thoughts about the $26 two table $75 token SnGs! I've really been loving the $6 & $8 versions for the tier 1 tokens, so it's great to hear the next level of the same game is considered just as +EV!!!

Good luck in what games you're able to get to...